I’ve been doing a lot of reading on how to age well, and one of the themes that has emerged is the power of independence and spirit in maintaining wellness and also healing. As we all get older we’re inevitably and indubitably more susceptible to disease, but there are steps we can take to reduce how vulnerable we are.
Below, I’ve listed several of the helpful and educational resources we found.
- NIH Senior Health
- Health for Seniors
- 22 Senior Health Risk Calculators for Healthy Aging
- Cats and Seniors
- Canine Caregivers for Alzheimer’s and Dementia Patients
- Pets for the Elderly Foundation
- Older Adults & Anxiety
- Seniors & Drugs – NCADD
- Ultimate Guide to Rehab & Medicare
- Assisted Living Regulation and Laws
- Aging in Place
- Senior-Friendly Home Remodeling
- Stop Fraud
- National Center on Elder Abuse
- Rights for Those With Hearing Loss
I hope you share my excitement in sharing these resources!